The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Impact Report includes a description of the goals of Georgia Tech’s QEP, changes made to the QEP during its implementation and execution, and the direct impact on student learning including the achievement of goals and outcomes. SACSCOC does not require institutions to prepare or submit annual reports. Georgia Tech leadership made the decision to keep the campus informed of the progress of the initiatives through an annual report. SACSCOC limits the final report to 10 pages following a prescribed format therefore readers will see a difference in the campus annual reports and the report submitted to SACSCOC .
The final report was submitted to SACSCOC on March 25, 2011 in conjunction with the Fifth-Year Interim Report. The SACSCOC Fifth-Year Interim Report Committee will provide a recommendation on the acceptability of Georgia Tech’s QEP Impact Report to the president of SACSCOC in June 2011.
SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation Core Standard 2.12 and Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2 state the requirements in the development and evaluation of the institution’s QEP.
The institution has developed an acceptable Quality Enhancement Plan that:
(1) includes a broad-based institutional process identifying
key issues emerging from institutional assessment;
(2) focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student
learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution
(3) demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and
completion of the QEP;
(4) includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation
of the QEP; and,
(5) identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement.
Annual Impact Reports
- Accreditation and SACS
- Academic Programs
- NCAA Certification
- ABET Accreditation